Manhattan, KS Car Accident Attorney
With a rich cultural background, Manhattan, Kansas is an excellent city to live in. But, like other parts of Kansas, most residents have to use cars to get from one point to the next. Unfortunately, car accidents in Manhattan happen often. Car accidents can occur due to a variety of reasons, including negligence, poor road conditions, faulty vehicle parts or driver intoxication. If you sustain injuries in an accident, your Manhattan, KS Car Accident Attorney at Pottroff & Karlin can help investigate the incident’s cause. Additionally, a lawyer can assist you in pursuing compensation for your injuries.
The Pottroff & Karlin, LLC law firm is conveniently located in the heart of Manhattan, KS and have been providing legal assistance to their community for over a decade. There are many benefits to hiring a firm based out of the community where the accident happened rather than a law firm in Wichita, Topeka, or Kansas City. One of the many benefits of hiring a local law firm is we know the right people and quickly understand the facts of your case because we are familiar with the community. Second, we know the local courthouse rules and the attorneys who will be defending the case. Last, there’s a lot to be said for being able to go from our office to the courthouse in minutes. Our office is located on Sunset Avenue and it’s a quick two-mile drive east down Poyntz Avenue to the court.
If you or someone you know has sustained car accident injuries, you may already be aware of the consequences of an accident. Many victims with severe injuries find themselves with permanent disabilities and in great need of a Manhattan, KS Car Accident Attorney. The capable attorneys at Pottroff & Karlin, LLC are officed out of Manhattan, KS and can fight to get you the reimbursement you deserve for your car accident injuries.
Why You Need a Manhattan Car Accident Attorney for Your Claim?
Insurance firms frequently attempt to make even the simplest Manhattan, KS car accident claims hard. While an insurance adjuster may work on your behalf, he or she also represents the insurance agency’s best interests. That means the insurance adjuster has to strike a balance between your personal interests and those of your insurance provider. With a Manhattan Car Accident Attorney, you have somebody completely on your side who’s watching out for your best interests. Our law firm offers free consultations if you have inquiries about whether you might have a claim and if representation is worthwhile.
If you’ve incurred a severe injury, a lawyer may be vital to adequately assess your claim. The attorney will also identify professionals to work in support of your interests.
How Will a Manhattan, KS Car Accident Attorney Assess a Potential Claim?
Below are some of the factors Pottroff & Karlin, LLC lawyers use to evaluate potential car accident cases:
- Did the damage occur to your vehicle or belongings?
- Did you incur healthcare bills because of the auto collision, and do you expect to face future accident-related medical expenses?
- Have you lost income, benefits, overtime or are you expecting to lose your wages in the future?
- Are you experiencing physical or emotional distress and pain?
- What types of injuries did you sustain because of the accident?
The Most Common Causes of Manhattan Car Accidents
- Driver Error or Negligence: One of the major causes of Manhattan car accidents is driver error. It includes failure to yield, speeding, following other vehicles too closely, drunk driving and ignoring traffic signs
- Vehicle Driver Distractions: In the digital era, driver distractions are a leading cause of vehicle accidents. Driving distractions include mobile phone use, putting on makeup, eating, and looking at other accident scenes.
- Improper Vehicle Maintenance: Failure to maintain a vehicle well can lead to catastrophic consequences. E.g. a wheel assembly can disengage from a vehicle because of failing to lubricate bearings well
- Roads Defects: A poorly made road, construction setup, or traffic control means can contribute to a car accident
- Car Manufacturing Defect: A design defect in a motor vehicle can cause injurious accidents or may worsen injuries caused by something else
Whatever the cause of your car accident injuries, at Pottroff & Karlin, LLC, we can investigate your case, find the liable parties and get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (785) 539-4656 to speak with a Manhattan, KS Car Accident Attorney.