Each day, firefighters put their lives on the line protecting people and property. Unfortunately, the nature of their work takes a heavy toll, which can put others at risk. In rushing to the scene of a blaze, there is a high risk of fire truck accidents. These can cause devastating personal injuries.
At Pottroff & Karlin, LLC, our primary objective is protecting public safety. Our experienced Manhattan, Kansas fire truck accident attorneys help victims of crashes get the compensation they need to recover. For trusted legal representation in filing a claim, contact us today.
Our Manhattan. KS Fire Truck Accident Attorneys Protect The Rights Of Injured Victims
According to The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), U.S. fire departments respond to more than 1.35 million fires each year. On average, a fire occurs roughly every 23 seconds, often involving residential dwellings. Unfortunately, in their rush to contain the damage and protect the lives of fire victims, fire truck drivers often put innocent bystanders at risk.
Fire truck accidents in Kansas can happen for a variety of reasons. Common factors involved in these crashes include:
- Speeding: Speeding fire trucks pose major risks to motorists.
- Running red lights and stop signs: Fire truck accidents are particularly common in intersections.
- Distracted driving: Complex dashboards, dispatches, and radio reports about the blaze pose major distractions for fire truck drivers.
- Drowsy driving: Long shifts and lack of sleep make fire truck accidents in Kansas more likely to happen.
When a fire truck accident happens, the massive height and weight of the truck protect firefighters. Unfortunately, it is often other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists involved who are hurt. At Pottroff & Karlin, LLC, our Manhattan, Kansas fire truck accident lawyers help injured victims and their family members get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim.
Get The Compensation You Need To Recover From Your Injuries
The National Institutes of Health reports that roughly 30,000 fire truck accidents happen each year. These can have dire consequences for victims and the entire community. Filing a claim in the aftermath often poses unique challenges. To protect your rights, get Pottroff & Karlin, LLC on your side.
Our Manhattan, Kansas fire truck accident attorneys take the legal actions needed to help you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. This includes:
- Reviewing the circumstances surrounding your accident.
- Obtaining reports from police and fire officials involved.
- Representing you in dealing with the fire station, their insurers, and others, including local government officials.
Negotiating to get you the best possible settlement.
- Taking your case to court and filing a fire truck accident lawsuit, if needed.
Request A Consultation With Our Kansas Fire Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Fire truck accidents in Kansas are common and can result in devastating personal injuries. To get the compensation you need to recover, get Pottroff & Karlin, LLC. on your side. Our law firm is dedicated to protecting public safety and the rights of victims in these crashes. Contact our Manhattan, Kansas fire truck accident attorneys and request a consultation today.